The Beginning of Living Words Press


Living Words Press is an individually owned publishing company in Logan, Utah.  It was created in light of the inherent difficulties authors are forced to endure when dealing with established publishing houses and the like.  My name is Zach Larson and I am the creator of Living Words Press.  Ever since I was a young boy I have possessed a love of literature.  Reading books was always a wonderful experience that took me out of my own mind and broadened my imagination.  There was not always a passion for the actual art of writing in my life, however.  It was during sixth grade that a student teacher found a way to instill in me the desire to create great things by laying words to paper.  As my skills as a writer grew I learned to love the wonderful magic that one can bring into another’s life with a well thought out line or phrase.  In the next few years, after discovering the wonder of writing, I was even able to have three of my poems published by submitting then to contests for young writers.
            In recent years, my focus changed from poetry to writing a novel.  Many ideas that might have turned into decent books passed through my mind; I even began working on some of them but decided to wait and write those later after I gained more experience.  Finally, I settled on an idea for a Science Fiction/ Fantasy novel that was different from any of the books I had read.  This is the book I am in the process of writing, and it should be finished sometime in the year 2013.  Incidentally, it is also the first novel that will be published by Living Words Press; the title is: Destiny Scrolls, Path of the Warrior (copies will be available in both eBook and paperback format).
            Until the first book in the Destiny Scrolls series is finished, this blog will serve as a sort of home base for readers and writers alike.  I will post my own experiences with the writing process, deciding what form of publishing is best for you, and there will even be sneak peeks at portions of my upcoming novel.  The reason I have decided to post segments of Destiny Scrolls is because I am not a known author.  When I put my book up for sale I want at least a few people to know of what quality it is; so, once I have proofread the first few chapters of my book they will be posted to this blog.  My hope is that those who read it will leave comments about what works in the story and what doesn’t.  I am open to criticism because, as a reader myself, I would hate to publish a novel that is not worth the reader’s time.
            The next post on this blog will be the first look at Destiny Scrolls, Path of the Warrior.
Outside submissions are not being accepted for publication at this time.

Comments

Post a Comment